oily skin type
Oil is essential and naturally produced by our skin. Some people produce excess oils, creating a shiny layer over the skin that can cause clogged pores and acne. To help with naturally oily skin, stay away from oil-based products and switch to water-based/oil-free products that help prevent clogged pores. Salicylic acid is an essential ingredient for oily skin as it helps combat breakouts and acne-prone skin.
Natural Ingredients that help oily skin:
1. Tea Tree Oil
- a gentle astringent, filled with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, that help with germs, fungus, and bacteria.
- an ancient remedy known for its antibacterial agents that help reduce excess oil and clear pores. It also has natural antiseptic properties that can help acne-prone skin.
4. Witch Hazel
- a natural astringent that can dry out very oily skin: don't use excessively and make sure you moisturize afterwards. This is a great ingredient to use on problem spots.
5. Fruit Acids
- a gentle form of exfoliation to lift dead skin cells and unclog pores.
Cleanse, Tone, and Moisturize
- a healthy skin care routine helps control oils and acne
- cleansing helps remove impurities
- toning normalizes the skin's PH level and smooths skin texture
- use an oil-free moisturizer that is non-comedogenic
Prime, Matte Foundation, and Finishing Powder
- look for primers that have all-natural/plant-based ingredients to help even out pores and smooth skin texture – this is crucial for oily skin
- look for a mattifying clean foundation in either powder or liquid form that doesn't clog your pores
- finishing powder completes your look and helps absorb any excess oils on the skin
PRO TIP: set your makeup with our Naturally Luminous Mist and Set spray, which gives a natural set to your look without an overly dewy finish