sensitive skin type
Sensitive skin has a wide range of meanings, but is essentially skin that is easily irritated and more reactive than normal. For people with challenging conditions such as eczema, rosacea, or psoriasis, their sensitivity makes it difficult to find products that their skin can tolerate. However, there is a difference between sensitive skin and skin irritation and stressing the importance of this difference will help you in your skin journey. Irritated skin can be caused by products that do not work with your skin; we suggest patch testing all new products before putting them on your face.
Natural Ingredients that help with sensitive skin:
1. Aloe Vera
- a naturally soothing, hydrating cleanser and moisturizer that will nourish sensitive skin.
2. Shea Butter
- this is a GO-TO for skin conditioning. It contains high levels of vitamins with a mild natural ability to improve skin quality.
- another natural moisturizing ingredient that provides a barrier between your skin and harmful pollutants.
- soothes puffiness with fatty acids that aid in skin health.
Ingredients to stay away from!
- for our natural products, we do not use ANY synthetic fragrances that are found commonly in lotions, creams, and oils. These can cause inflammation, irritation to the skin layers, and redness for sensitive skin types.
- certain products can trigger the skin; it is essential to read the ingredients list on the back of each product bottle in order to know what you're putting on your face. A lot of products contain harsh chemicals that are not good for your skin.
3. Harsh exfoliants
- exfoliants and scrubs that are on the markets are too harsh for sensitive skin types. Over-washing and hard scrubbing can cause micro-tears in the skin causing more access to bacteria which can lead to acne, rough textured skin, and redness.
- many toners and washes contain alcohol, which is a very harsh ingredient that strips your skin's moisture levels causing red, itchy, irritated skin. Once your skin is stripped of its natural oils the skin will start to overproduce oils to even out the skin, this can lead to acne.
simple skincare/ makeup routine
Having a 3-step simple skincare routine for sensitive skin is essential. You don't want to overdo the number of products on your face as this can trigger a major irritation. We suggest a gentle cleaner, lightweight moisturizers, and to stay away from heavy pore-clogging foundations. Make sure you read what ingredients are in the products and avoid non-natural ingredients.